Leon Bouwer - Principal Optometrist
Mr Leon Bouwer is the managing optometrist and senior partner at Kerr Eyecare and brings with him:
- Over 20 years of international experience, starting in his native South Africa before moving to New Zealand and finally the UK.
- Over 20 years of education, as an undergraduate in Johannesburg, to Boston for disease management, and London and Belfast for specialist diplomas. Sharing his experience by looking after undergraduates at the patient clinics in City University, London.
- Over 20 years of combining expertise in advanced contact lens practice (complex medical conditions and keratoconus) and children's vision (dyslexia and myopia control) with an all round primary eye care practice, whilst working closely with local eye surgeon colleagues.
Christopher Kerr - Principal Optometrist
Mr Kerr combines teaching and research with private practice.
He has an impressive resume: Clinical consultant to major industrial and contact lens companies, health authorities and many professional bodies; Chairman, Croydon Local Optometric Committee; President, British Contact Lens Association; and, previously, Senior Optometrist and Director of Contact Lens Services at Mayday University Hospital; editor of the Contact Lens Yearbook; international speaker, broadcaster and author on general optometric and contact lens-related topics.
This all equates to an exceptionally experienced, respected and forward thinking practitioner. Chris has served the local community for the greater part of 50 years and will continue to do so.
Matt Toffrey - Managing Dispensing Optician
Matt is back! He brings all of his skills to ensure a great experience for our patients. He runs the practice management software which enables effective communication with you, for example we now send email confirmation and text reminders for appointments.
Matt is an expert at helping find beautiful eyewear to frame your face. The range of designs we stock is constantly evolving and range from British design, such as Wolf, to the Italian flair of Prada.
He is an expert at looking after tricky prescriptions also in very young children. This is paramount as part of the process of ensuring normal vision development.
Matt is very adept at problem solving, often using his professional qualifications and technical knowledge to achieve a successful result for patients who have been unable to get on with Multifocal lenses from elsewhere.
Feel free to come and challenge his technical knowledge with any questions you may have, he loves a challenge!
To address all your needs.
To be the best at what we do.
To make you smile when you visit us.
What We've Achieved
- 70 years of eyecare service to Croydon
- Enhanced NHS delivery contract
- Expertise in contact lenses
- Medical eye disease expertise
- Finding beautiful, unique eyewear
- Custom made spectacle lenses for comfortable vision
- What we still need to achieve: To do it all again, but even better!